When nerve energy is dissipated from any cause, physical, mental, or bad habits the body becomes enervated. When enervated elimination is checked, slowed or stopped, it causes a retention of toxins in the blood, or toxemia.
This accumulation of toxins when once established will continue until nerve energy is restored by removing the causes. So-called “disease” is nature’s effort to eliminate toxins from the blood and body.
Some of the hindrances to normal flow of toxins from the blood, causing nerve enervation, are as follows:
1. Stress. Stress may come from many different directions, but the seven major NEGATIVE emotions are a powerful influence in producing toxemia. The subconscious mind is more susceptible to influence by impulses of thought mixed with “feeling” or emotion, than by those originating solely in the reasoning portion of the mind. In fact, there is much evidence to support the theory that only emotionalized thoughts have any action influence upon the subconscious mind. It is a well-known fact that emotions or feelings rule the majority of people. There are seven major positive emotions and seven major negative emotions. The positive thoughts and feelings have to be injected or implanted to combat the effects of negative emotions upon the body.
The seven major NEGATIVE emotions, which should be avoided are:
1. The emotion of fear.
2. The emotion of jealousy.
3. The emotion of hatred.
4. The emotion of revenge.
5. The emotion of greed.
6. The emotion of superstition.
7. The emotion of anger.
The first emotion deals with fear and can be classified under six basic categories:
1. The fear of poverty.
2. The fear of criticism.
3. The fear of ill health.
4. The fear of loss of love of someone.
5. The fear of old age.
6. The fear of death.
Fears are negative states of mind and are not of God. The Bible says in 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” A sound mind is a stable, balanced mind; and a stable, balanced mind results in a healthy constitution.
The Bible also says in Proverbs 17:22 “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.” When the Bible speaks of “heart” it is referring to the “mind” connected with the “feelings” or “emotions”. Therefore if your mind (thoughts and feelings) is sound and happy it has a positive effect upon the body. However the opposite is true, if the spirit or emotions are broken, depressed or sad, it has an effect on the bones, or the entire system.
The first three fears listed above are at the root of most people’s worries. Worry is negative and can definitely play havoc with the body’s chemistry.
Meals, especially family meals, should be a time of relaxation, joy and of course should never be hurried. One is far better off health-wise if one skipped a meal rather than indulge under stress, because stress will lead only to indigestion and ultimately toxemia.
2. Nutrition. In addition to the emotional stress situations mentioned above, there are other stresses common to all of us that can bring about “nerve enervation” and ultimately toxemia. They are: · Overeating. This of course taxes the entire digestive system and shows up in various ways such as obesity, high blood pressure, fatigue, hypo-glycemia or diabetes, etc.
· High Stress Foods. Foods that require too much energy from the body for the value received. More importantly, virtually everyone on the American diet is mineral deficient and because of this it is rare to find a person who is digesting proteins efficiently. Most Americans, including children are loaded with urea’s or undigested proteins in the form of Nitrate and Ammonia Nitrogen’s. It is claimed by some that there is no other cause for Pectoris heart attacks except an excessive amount of urea.
· Mineral Deficiencies. A well-known Bio-chemist from the East Coast stated many years ago that the chief cause of degenerative disease is mineral deficiency. If you were to study the nutritional habits of the world and observe what has happened in this country since the mid-forties when chemical fertilizers became so prominent, and the vast increase in cancer and other degenerative diseases in spite of the billions of dollars spent in medical research, one has to stop and reconsider.
· Wrong Food Combinations. Another tremendous factor in creating toxins within the body is wrong combinations of foods which tends to fermentation (the production of CO2, acetic acid and alcohol causing heartburn and/or sour stomach). It also tends to putrefaction of proteins and the production of toxins in the system.
Anyone suffering from nerve enervation and any of its accompanying symptoms, should work out a detoxification program which might include some type of fast or periodic fasts. Also hunt for a source of organically grown foods, or better still, grow your own!